Hello, my name is Adam Boggs. I am a software engineer specializing in storage systems, network programming, embedded applications, and anything low-level and interesting. I graduated in December, 1997 from the University of Colorado with a BS in Computer Science, and after several years away in the "real world" I am now back working in the Computational Sciences Center doing research on high performance file systems. I have also contributed to The Unix System Administration Handbook, 3rd Ed. and The Linux Administration Handbook.
Things I do or am interested in:
- I am interested in High Power Rocketry (Level 2 Certified) and maintain the Colorado Rocket Forum email list.
- I am a storm chaser, and have spent many an afternoon driving around the Colorado/Kansas/Nebraska plains in the last few years. I am continually learning more about weather, forcasting, modelling, and severe weather development.
- Homebrew - Beer, plum wine and mead (honey wine).
- I am a Beekeeper and belong to the Boulder County Beekeeper's Association.
- Flying planes and building an RV-7A airplane kit from Van's Aircraft.
- The summer of 2003 I went on an epic journey around Europe!
- Claymation I did with my roommate with a primative basement setup a long time ago.